RSS

you can't win, why are you even trying?



i was always one of those kids whose barbie dolls had the most wacktastic hairdos in the neighborhood. my mom even bought me one of those barbie doll heads, the ones whose sole purpose is to get little girls to wastes hours and hours styling the hair.

i had neither the gumption nor the talent to create anything other than Crackhead Barbie.

now that i have two little girls with good amounts of hair already, i found myself thrilled to finally be able to brush it all up into a ponytail! they look like little grown ladies when i send them to daycare in the mornings.

...and they come home looking like Kramer in the evenings.

more than once, the daycare workers have told me "you know not long after you leave, they pull out their ponytails, right? they don't last much longer than 20 to 30 minutes!"

ok, then. fine.

so over the last couple of days, i've been sending them to daycare sans ponytails. the way i see it, if they are gonna rock the curly fro most of the day anyway, i may as well save myself a few minutes in the morning getting us outta the house.

sounds rational, right? logical?

so imagine my shock* when one of the daycare workers this morning asked me "mom, why aren't their heads done?"

because my life means nothing unless i can give you something to remind me i'm not doing right, nice daycare lady, that's why.

* and by shock, i mean bitter resentment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment