RSS

And a cold brought them all down

Am i living in a chapter of The Stand?

How is it possible for two little people to have this much mucus in their heads? Come ON!
Some background….

Last Tuesday, my little girls were the picture of 6 month old health. Cooing, laughing, playing, and terrorizing the other babies in daycare. Same as always.

Then on Wednesday, things changed. My kids got sick. Congestion? Check. Runny noses? Check. Coughing and hacking? Check squared.

And then came the unthinkable: Wednesday night, my kids woke up every 45 to 60 minutes to scream at me for allowing them to get sick. And the congestion and sheer volume of phlegm had me wondering if perhaps the Super Flu had been unleashed by the government after all.
It reminded me of the horror that was my maternity leave. It reminded me that birth control is the greatest thing since Makers Mark on ice.

Four days later, I am still dodging flying snot and yesterday Camryn threw up all over me, herself, and the couch cushion. Aren’t i supposed to getting medal for this?

Where the hell is my MEDAL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment