RSS

Not that i'm jealous, or anything.

Trixie and her dad have a pretty special relationship. The morning she and Dixie were born, Dixie was taken to the nursery while Trixie stayed in the room with us. He and she sat in the chair together and had an up close, very personal, top secret conversation while i was splayed out on the bed getting stitches on my back.

(shudder)

The special place he holds in her heart was made evident yesterday when, after playing with her for a moment, he put her down to go get something out of my car.

As soon as he walked out the door, Trixie started crying!

And just as I was saying to myself “oh no she di’int!” he walked back in because he heard her crying. Long story short, she stopped crying, they got back down to the business of hugs and kisses, and Dixie and i rolled our eyes.

Seriously, it’s not enough that after months of growing ever more gigantic and pushing them out of my body, that they look more like him than me? Now Trixie is actually going to cry when he leaves the room when I barely register of “later, chocolate face” when i drop them off at daycare???

It’s cold in the city, yo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment