RSS

Shopping at Devil-mart...WHEN WILL I LEARN!

I took the chicks to a large retail establishment this afternoon to get pictures taken. i’m not going to identify this place by its real name, so i’ll give it a pseudonym: we’ll just call it Devil-mart.

So, i go to Devil-mart this afternoon for my scheduled appointment and i’m helped by the most dour employee ever. I think that if there’s some type of country-wide competition for Devil-mart Employee with Most F***ED Up Attitude, she’d win. No contest. We’ll call her Bitchy McJacktooth.

I waited patiently for her to continue helping a family who’d just gotten photos taken. I heard her tell them as they were about to make their final photo selection, “look, make sure ya’ll don’t want to change yer order before i place it, becuz you won’t be able to change it.” Bitchy McJacktooth wasn’t exactly nice when she said it. After placing and paying for their order, they asked if they could make another appointment, and she flatly replied without looking at them “sure.”

Bitchy, you’re killing them with the quality customer service.

When Trixie and Dixie were up, she started walking towards the camera and said over her shoulder “i’m ready when you are.”

I said “what exactly am i supposed to be doing?”

She said “put ‘em on the posing table.”

I said “well, i’d like to get one pose for each girl and then a pose of them together.”

She said “yeah, i wuz gonna take a bunch of pictures of them. we usually ask that when there’s two baybees, that both parents be here to stand beside each child on the posing table. but, you know, we can risk it.”

This bitch actually said “we can risk it.”

I replied “i’m not cool with risking it.”

She then said “yeah, cuz i gonna say, it’s not a good idea.”

From this point on, she brightly apoligized and asked me if i wanted to make another appointment. Funny how her mood brightened when she realized she wasn’t going to have to help me.

i started to ask her what exactly single parents of multiples are supposed to do if there is no “other parent” to come to the photo session, but really, what’s the point? Bitchy McJacktooth most likely would have given me some lousy answer that would have irritated me even more.

And plus, really: she didn’t care about my problems and clearly had many of her own.
Having once again failed at giving Devil-mart my money to have photos taken (this was indeed my second attempt), i think it’s pretty obvious that i need to try my luck with JCPenny or Sears.

I really hope things go better for me at one of these places, otherwise it looks like i’m not going to get Trixie and Dixie’s pictures taken until their high school graduation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment